Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 loses contact, 239 missing.

Aviation news and discussion for anything aviation related.
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 loses contact, 239 missing.

Post by iqmal_97 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:23 pm

I'm shocked.
I'm really, really shocked...

Out of all places, out of all airlines,out of all the aircraft that was flying right now, this one happened very VERY close to my home.
Crash isn't officially confirmed yet. Any sort of wreckage or debris hasn't been found so far.
SEA countries are joining efforts in Search-And-Rescue operations.
Families, as you can all imagine right now, are grief stricken and shocked.
My deepest condolences to all who were affected.

I'm refraining from the rumors or speculations people tend to makes at these sort of times.
Best I could do now is to pray.
Yeah, I think we all should do that...
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)

Gennaro
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777, F-16

Re: Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 loses contact, 239 missi

Post by Gennaro » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:08 pm

My condolences to the families and friends of the passengers on board Malaysia Airlines 370 bound for Beijing. Very sad day today.
I like coffee and mexican food, but not at the same time.

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:55 pm

UPDATE [12:08am]: Authorities are looking into claims that two foreigners were travelling aboard the MH370 flight with stolen passports. According to several foreign news reports, Italian Luigi Maraldi and Austrian Christian Kozel, both had their passports stolen some time ago.
Not looking very good at all. :/
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

MrFunnybone
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: UFO

Post by MrFunnybone » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:45 am

here are the leaked ticket information for the two passengers who used stolen ID, from Reddit.

the leaked ticket for the luigi maraldi read (in chinese):
FROM KUALA LUMPUR
Malaysian airlines 370
TO PEKING(BEJING)
KLM 898
TO AMSTERDAM
KLM 1139
TO COPENHAGEN
For the passenger Christian kozel, his information reads:
FROM KUALA LUMPUR
Malaysian Airlines 370
TO PEKING(BEJING)
KLM 898
TO AMSTERDAM
KLM 1175
TO FRANKFURT
This is interesting because these two passengers had connecting flights both in Amsterdam and then Eastern Europe ( Denmark and Germany). The two who used to fake ID's may also be connected.
Also their ticket numbers, 784228011699 for the Luigi imposter, and 7842280116100 for the Christian Imposter, are consecutive, meaning they bought their tickets at the same time ( standing in line together, may be travelling in a group.)
So you might be jumping to terrorism, but the connecting flights to germany and denmark puzzle me, they could have been bought just to mask their intention to down the plane on MH370, but the fact they actually had a connecting flight made me wonder if they planned to bring down the plane on that flight, or possibly another.

Nath
Penguin Airways VA
Penguin Airways VA
Favorite Aircraft: Panavia Tornado GR4

Post by Nath » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:14 am

More news from reddit about flight MH370-
SEPANG: A BOEING 777 pilot, who was flying 30 minutes ahead of the missing Malaysia Airlines aircraft, said he established contact with MH370 minutes after he was asked to do so by Vietnamese air traffic control.

The captain, who asked to not be named, said his plane, which was bound for Narita, Japan, was far into Vietnamese airspace when he was asked to relay, using his plane's emergency frequency, to MH370 for the latter to establish its position, as the authorities could not contact the aircraft.

"We managed to establish contact with MH370 just after 1.30am and asked them if they have transferred into Vietnamese airspace.

"The voice on the other side could have been either Captain Zaharie (Ahmad Shah, 53,) or Fariq (Abdul Hamid, 27), but I was sure it was the co-pilot.

"There were a lot of interference... static... but I heard mumbling from the other end.

"That was the last time we heard from them, as we lost the connection,"
really sad... :(

megaprime13
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: 737

Post by megaprime13 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:20 pm

I really hope this doesn't come out like many accidents, as in, it is related to preventable maintenance and laziness of airline mechanics.
Copperhead: "I could care less about politics anyways"
Sentinel182 wrote: at the moment im this many years
*middle finger*

Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:59 am

megaprime13 wrote:I really hope this doesn't come out like many accidents, as in, it is related to preventable maintenance and laziness of airline mechanics.
Problem is that you dont know if something needs extra maintainance until its too late... just take a look at the new 787 problem with the wings. That and theres no federal mandate that requires manufactures to test their products for years like the medicine market.

Prayers for the people on that flight and their families. Hopefully they are all floating in life rafts safe and sound...
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

TheJuli
Penguin Airways VA
Penguin Airways VA
Favorite Aircraft: B777

Post by TheJuli » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:10 am

They were at 35,000 ft and where at a god speed they could have landed as there were a lot of airports next to them. I really hope this has happened and they haven't crashed.

Gennaro
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777, F-16

Post by Gennaro » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:10 pm

TheJuli1241 wrote:They were at 35,000 ft and where at a god speed they could have landed as there were a lot of airports next to them. I really hope this has happened and they haven't crashed.
'

There were indeed a lot of airports around them although most aren't really 777 compatible , but if they did land we would probably know it by now and Malaysian authorities stated that the aircraft might have attempted to turn back to KLIA. One of the reasons why the Malaysian and Indonesian Navy are now also searching in the Strait of Malacca and not just the Gulf of Thailand.
I like coffee and mexican food, but not at the same time.