This is the official YSFHQ modding competition for September. The competition will take the form of a design and building competition, we will give you a design brief and you will work to that brief to come up with the winning product that best meets the brief. You don't have to be super good at modding to do this, there are three ways to making a mod for the competition. You can either take an existing plane and edit it to fit the brief, take an existing model and mod it beyond recognition or you can scratch build. The best looking mod that meets the design brief will be the winner.
- All models should fit the birdfarm standard, found here
- Only one model per user.
- you should submit two versions of your model, one blank and one painted.
- This is not a repaint contest so if you are using an existing GAC or BirdFarm model it must be modified.
- No model outside the GAC or BirdFarm collection should be used as a base.
- Dats should be as realistic as possible. They may be fictional planes but we are still making them in real world physics.
European users of the Tornado require a replacement aircraft to fill it's roll and a possible replacement for the Mitsubishi F-2 and F-15E Strike Eagle.
It needs to be capable of a number of strike and attack missions.
It needs to be a semi-stealth design no more than 25 metres in length, with a maximum speed of mach 2.5.
It needs to be able to carry primarily air-to-ground weapons but some self defence weapons will be required.
It can be either manned or unmanned.
Submitting your design
When submitting your design you need to describe your design. What engines did you use and why? How many weapons can it carry and why? What weapons can it carry and why? Basically as much as you can describe your design and justify why and how you can up with your design.
All models need to be sent to vandal by the 30th September and the pack released soon after.
Vandal is in charge of this competition, so respect anything he says on the subject. Be sure to post screenshots of you're progress in this topic as well any questions you may have.