[PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Note that alterations to the YSFlight .EXE is forbidden
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: [PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Post by Flake »

I probably don't have the full picture of this. I'll look at that in the coming months.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

I'm not getting any error logs at all, but this happened last night: 20161025(222813): dbd000 Logging in... xxx.xx.xxx.xx
20161025(222813): dbd000 Joined the server.
20161025(222841): dbd000 Login Complete!
20161025(222937): dbd000 took off (MOA_A320NEO)
20161025(224144): dbd000 recursion depth > 20. For OYS safety, connection terminated!
20161025(224144): dbd000 recursion depth > 20. For OYS safety, connection terminated!
20161025(224144): dbd000 left the server.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Actually that's quite interesting. I never considered what changing to Async would do for recursion depth tests.

What I'm going to do after exams is add some exception handling to the main interface and other locations to hopefully stop the program from crashing randomly :)

Then it's onto those AAA/SAM as promised. 8-)
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura »

That would be soon, IIRC - you said you'd be free in November back when you said you wanted to go for a flight with me one time in the mchat.

Unless I'm misreading/misunderstanding.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Member of YSCE Development Committee - I don't code, I compile.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

No you are right, and I haven't forgotten. My exams end 14th November. :)
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr »

Hey remember that problem I had a few months ago where some user planes would not "update" and just fly nonstop, planes would just drop out of the sky and disappear even though the user would report that he's still flying or planes not spawning at all.

Well I experienced it today during the event and so did dave, dan and a few others.

So it may be a open ys issues
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Still not sure why that's happening. I'll have to investigate...
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr »

Do you need any sort of logs?
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

Another crash on startup. 20161029(135048): --- Log Created ---
20161029(135048): MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
20161029(135048): START TRACE:
20161029(135048): METHOD: Void Run(System.String[])
20161029(135048): LINENUMBER: 231
20161029(135048): COLUMNNUMBER: 25
20161029(135048): END TRACE.
20161029(135048):
20161029(135048): Also, OYS crashed while running, with two people online. No error report. Application: OpenYS-ServerMode.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Stack:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[])
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at OpenYS.OpenYS_Server+Program+<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<Run>b__0()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

I'm gunna be honest folks.

I know how to write code, I don't know how to program.

Wait, what?

This video will explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDh1KIh7w-I

My code, is frankly, disgustingly hard to manage for what it is.

I need to build a better system.

I could code up the SAM/AAA but truth be told that would probably be broken too like half the program, I just keep putting bandaids on.

I'll be learning how to code cleanly over the exam period for gits and shiggles. Then I'll come back to the program. Sorry! This is one of those "better in the long run" ideas.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

If it makes you feel any better, the 20160302(1613) version is very stable.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Okay I'm up to speed again.

Most of the program is salvagable, though it will take some refactoring*. During the refactoring* I'll aim to reduce Class Coupling* where high complexity is closely related to crashes. (*New words in my terminology! I must have learned something.)

I'll also make the program more beautiful code wise, and make it more compatible as an API for TCP/IP sockets, YS netcode, and other like stuff.

It's pretty much the same approach I've always had except much cleaner. I've learned to not judge the quality of a code project by the number of lines, that's like measuring aircraft construction progress by measuring weight of raw materials.

Time to get to work.
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Post by Dragon_Mech »

god speed dear Flake!
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries
WARDC_sOnar
Favorite Aircraft: PZL P11-C

Post by WARDC_sOnar »

its sound like hyper-speed Dragon_Mech :lol:

I wish you Flake creative inspiration and enthusiasm for work. fingers crossed for your success.

Regards!
(sorry for my english)
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

So I've started in building a heavily extensible library for my projects. Makes sense to not continuously re-invent the wheel... But that does mean I have to do it one more time. First step was units of measurement, so far I've got length, mass, volume and temperature conversions, I'll add the rest tomorrow. What the new encapsulation allows me to do is things like 1.Meters() + 5.Kilometers(); or 10.Kilometers().ToMiles(); What's important is I can't do much else that doesn't make sense. Example, I can't do 5.Kilograms() * 7.Kilometers() - the two unit types are different!

What's next? Library implementations of file IO, very low level stuff.

So why the basic stuff first? Because I can build on top of that through repeated inheritance - the DAT file reader will be it's own class as well, which will inherit from the file IO class I will write, see? Thanks to my segmentation and encapsulation, debugging will be more meaningful: "OpenYS.Core" as a method name is useless. "OpenYS.Client.PacketHandler.FromClient.FlightData.SendToAllClients()" is a mouthful, yes, but debugging wise it's so easy for me to see what is wrong.

I'm re-writing code in the following ways:
First, I'm re-classifying classes into seperate namespaces. I'm going to reference areas as I need them using clauses such as "using static Com.OfficerFlake.Libraries.IO.Files;". By packing things into namespaces, code get's much easier to manage as I can use the same name multiple times in the program, much easier to read code. No more silly underscores everywhere.

Second, I'm using the 3 (4) pillars of object oriented coding on my classes: Encapsulation, Inheritance, Abstraction/Polymorphism. If you are a novice coder, who knows the language but needs to jump the gap to making GOOD programs, learn this. My classes are being seperated and common elements identified -> inherited. reduces code-reuce dramaticly, makes the classes much easier to read.

Third, the variables in my classes are being hidden. I am now using properties to control access to variables and how they are accessed. This increases coding safety by making it clear, intrinsicly, how classes and their methods/variables should be used. It also stops you from using them unsafely, which is always a big plus for compatibility, readability and maintainability.

Fourth, the methods in my program are being heavily refactored - I used to follow the old 1999 coding techniques of saving program space by cramming as much calculations onto a line of code as possible (for computing efficiency). yeah that's just not efficient, not easy to read, and just plain wrong. I'm seperating these methods into multiple layers of methods that all work together. Instead of a method that: checks if a file exists, reads from that file, prepares the data as an array; then draws the array to the screen... I instead have methods that: GetAStringArrayFromFile(...); DrawStringToScreen(...) for example. Easy to read from a developer point of view. Oh and I've fixed my variable use convention with the help of ReSharper.

I'll finish today with a quote: "Programming is the art of writing code for humans to understand." Notice that says humans, not machines.
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran

xX_SuperSic58_Xx wrote:I'll finish today with a quote: "Programming is the art of writing code for humans to understand." Notice that says humans, not machines.
I haven't read a line of OYS, but already I know I can't read it.

Beep beep boop.
C P
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-18E SuperHornet

Post by C P »

Dragon_Mech wrote:god speed dear Flake!
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

Something interesting happened over the weekend. Two things, in fact. First, somebody I will not name here sent an emoticon from Discord and it kicked everybody off of the server. Second, strange things happen when the scheduler resets ground objects. Once it kicked me out of the server. Sunday night it teleported me to an open field.

This all happened using the 20160302(1613) version, so newer versions may not have this affect.
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven »

Patrick31337 wrote:First, somebody I will not name here sent an emoticon from Discord and it kicked everybody off of the server.
Hi, that must be me. This has been happening ever since OYS-IRC support was implemented, and I have managed to crash many people's YS from sending my healthy dose of non-UTF-8 emoticons. Maybe Flake can implement some kind of blocking for non supported characters? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran

NightRaven wrote:
Patrick31337 wrote:First, somebody I will not name here sent an emoticon from Discord and it kicked everybody off of the server.
Hi, that must be me. This has been happening ever since OYS-IRC support was implemented, and I have managed to crash many people's YS from sending my healthy dose of non-UTF-8 emoticons. Maybe Flake can implement some kind of blocking for non supported characters? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's entirely possible to have a class under chat handling dedicated to filtering out other encodings.
Wouldn't take too many lines of code if done right.