[MISC]Terminal Region Airspace Control Kit (T.R.A.C.K.)

i.e. cars, trucks, trains, flying shampoo bottles, etc.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

[MISC]Terminal Region Airspace Control Kit (T.R.A.C.K.)

Post by Turbofan »

release.png

Hey folks,

I have finished an app for YS Flight (my first one). It's not perfect but I hope it will do the job and actually be of some help for anyone handling flights as an air traffic controller during ATC sessions and what not. The app/program is named Terminal Region Airspace Control Kit or T.R.A.C.K. for short.

You can find this here.

The app is simple. It can be used by one controller to control airspace of an entire map or just one airport. Just correctly fill in the required fields in the flight information tab generator, click the "Go!" button and a flight tab will appear in either the "Departures" or "Arrivals" column. Flight tabs are either green (departures) or blue (arrivals). Tabs are cross-listable (can be dragged and dropped into either column), where their colour will change. Each tab comes with an "E" button (for emergencies) and a "Del (X)" button to remove it from the list. Tabs can also be re-arranged in their own columns. Please read the Help section drop-down as it tells you about the program in much greater detail.

Since the program is on my CodePen, all code is visible. Switch to theIf you would like to contribute in any way or edit the program, please use the "Fork" option to fork it to your own account. I welcome collaboration to improve it in any way.

Despite my best efforts and research, the application is not entirely cross-browser friendly due to various incompatibilities with devices like old iPads and browsers like Safari. I do not have an Android tablet, but testing with my Android phone was successful. Due to the nature of the program, if you do use it on a phone, the best way would be in Landscape orientation (put the phone sideways). I am definitely an entry-level programmer so I'm sure there are better ways of doing this. :P That being said working on this was quite a lot of fun and I learned quite a bit from doing it as well.

Suffice it to say, the best option is to use in Firefox on a desktop (if you have a second monitor, that's ideal) or, if you have a laptop, you can use that alongside your desktop (run this app on your laptop and run YS Flight on your desktop). If you do try it out on some other device and it works do let me know!

At any rate, feel free to use the program and do let me know about any bugs or inconsistencies you find by replying to this thread. Do note that I am currently unable to resolve it not functioning on old touchpad devices like my first-generation iPad Mini, for instance.

Hope this makes doing ATC a bit easier!
Last edited by Turbofan on Sun May 06, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Re: [MISC]Terminal Region Airspace Control Kit (T.R.A.C.K.)

Post by Turbofan »

May 6, 2018 Updates:

Improvement: You can now enter upto five characters instead of four in the "Aircraft Type" text input.

Improvement: Edited the first Help section slide to accomodate links to IATA and ICAO airline codes and aircraft type designators.

Bug Fix: Changed the Regular Expression for the "Enter VA Code" text input to allow for airline codes such as F9 (Frontier), B6 (jetBlue), and any others that may have a letter and number combination. You are still limited to a two or three-letter code however, entering something like DELTA will give you an error message.