Honey Badger's Tinker Shed

Personal work in progress topics go here
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Re: Honey Badger's Tinker Shed

Post by Honey Badger » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:20 pm

@Waspe: I think that would be the general idea. However, the only truely photo realistic (in my fantasy) is the airport runways, taxiways, and tarmacs. For the rest of the scenery, I was thinking of making "tiles" like you see in FSX. As long as there where a few tiles for varying terrain, a map maker could splice the tiles together. With a little planning and minor edits, we could make a square tile for say, desert terrain, a couple for desert to city, then city blocks. Once again, tons of work, but very plausible if every known map maker got together and worked on this. :roll:
USAF Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4)
"Powerpoint Ranger"

Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Re: Honey Badger's Tinker Shed

Post by Honey Badger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Oh dear. Nostalgia.....any who. Blender is functioning, Scenedit doesn't crash upon importing ground objects.....sounds like a recipe for modding....

PS. Those posts above this one are ridiculously far out there. Please ignore them. I was tired of YS' relatively low standards but I'm over it now. Not everyone has the time or patience to sit there for hours on end making FSX quality aircraft, except perhaps Lord Flasheart....
USAF Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4)
"Powerpoint Ranger"