Page 1 of 1

Those old maps...

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:31 am
by Kilo 11
Today I was taking a look at many screenshots and realized there's a lot of old maps that have not been uploaded like Elmendorf AFB, Scott AFB and some others I would like to have. If any of you guys can upload them I'll just say ''Thank you!'' ;)

Re: Those old maps...

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:26 am
by iqmal_97
Well, after about half an hour of searching, looks like they're now gone from the web, or at least the links have been down. Now, it's time to look into me archives....

EDIT: Well, I have good news and a couple of bad news. The good news is that the Scott AFB map has been found. The bad news is, the original .zip file, along with the necessary credits somehow managed to escape and was unable to be located. This means, that even if i manage to zip the files and upload it (which I can do it straight away), I wouldn't know who would I credit it to. And for the Elmendorf map, well I couldn't find it neither in my archives nor in YsFlight. Lets just hope Gunny would still have it.

Image

tl;dr :
-Scott AFB found, but I don't have the zip
-So does the credits that go with it
-I can upload it, but who should I credit?
-Elmendorf was unable to be located

So guys, what should I do? Uploading an uncredited map is a definite no no in my rule book.

Re: Those old maps...

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:14 pm
by VNAF ONE
Pretty sure the Scott afb map was released by Scarecrow. The Elmendorf map is unkown to me right now. Make sure to dig through the old addons section. They may be in there somewhere as far as credits at the least.

Re: Those old maps...

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:55 am
by iqmal_97
So, it's Scarecrow then. I took a second look at the old maps and addons section, but it's still nowhere to be found. The forum search engine provided little info too, only showing us mentioning a few time about Scott AFB. Some goes to Elmendorf, which I'm positively sure that Gunny made it, but was never released, as it was only mentioned in his workshop.

Re: Those old maps...

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:07 am
by Gunny
There are actually 2 versions of Elmandorf guys.One was made by Danny and the other is in my Kodiak map.I am going to re-release as many of my old maps as I can find through YSUpload ported to our add ons page here so just be patient.you know I am slower than molasses in January. :)

Re: Those old maps...

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:27 am
by Kilo 11
Thanks guys!

Re: Those old maps...

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:41 am
by iqmal_97
Scott AFB map is finally released on YsUpload.Enjoy
Gunny wrote:There are actually 2 versions of Elmandorf guys.One was made by Danny and the other is in my Kodiak map.I am going to re-release as many of my old maps as I can find through YSUpload ported to our add ons page here so just be patient.you know I am slower than molasses in January. :)
It's ok. And thank you for your efforts, Gunny. We appreciate it.

Re: Those old maps...

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:47 pm
by Kilo 11
Thanks for the upload!

Re: Those old maps...

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:19 pm
by Kilo 11
Does anyone of you guys has the Offutt ABF map?

Re: Those old maps...

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:03 pm
by iqmal_97
Kilo 11 wrote:Does anyone of you guys has the Offutt ABF map?
Surprisingly enough, it has been requested here. But to my knowledge, it hasn't been uploaded yet. And after e check at the archives, still nothing. Wonder if anyone still has em?

Re: Those old maps...

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:38 pm
by Gunny
Standby will be uploading this later today. :)

Re: Those old maps...

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:27 am
by lorDuckFeet
madmatt01

Hey, I found two maps over an aircraft on site madmatt01. I think few people know this website.

Here are two videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wUKYjM73Xg Magrathea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE5QpzmkfA0 Lord HoweIsland

If you want to download click the link below:

https://sites.google.com/site/madmatt01/

Re: Those old maps...

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:28 pm
by iqmal_97
lucas wrote:madmatt01

Hey, I found two maps over an aircraft on site madmatt01. I think few people know this website.

Here are two videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wUKYjM73Xg Magrathea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE5QpzmkfA0 Lord HoweIsland

If you want to download click the link below:

https://sites.google.com/site/madmatt01/
Into the archives you go!!!!