Timezone checker

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Timezone checker

Post by Turbofan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:20 pm

It seems a lot of new members (and even some regulars) have had some difficulties or questions regarding time zones. Now we have search engines by ways of Google, Yahoo! and Bing, but I thought I'd put this up here for quick, easy reference.

World Time Server is a great site to go and check your current time and then compare it with world times around the globe. Every time zone in the world is covered, including hundreds of cities and even Antarctica/Artic if you wish. I have this bookmarked and is a great resource when it comes time to check times in another zone.

They also have a "Quick Links" section right there on the homepage for he most-checked zones. So right now, London is six hours ahead of where I am (currently 11:14 a.m. here; 5:14p.m. in London). UTC time is five hours ahead of U.S. Central (again, the time zone in which I am located in) so current UTC time is 4:14p.m. (1614 hours UTC).

It also tells you which cities are observing Daylight Savings Time in its world clock.

Hope this helps!
Check out my YSFS videos on my Youtube channel!
-----------------------
ATRP: When used in my posts refers to "Air Traffic Replay Project"
-----------------------
Avatar: Pratt and Whitney JT8D-219
-----------------------
My general rant: I will call them blended winglets, not Sharklets; There is no CEO, it's just simply put, an Airbus 319/320/321, or the 320NEO, 321NEO etc. I didn't land IN DAL, I landed AT DAL. On the other hand, I did land in Dallas.
-----------------------
Website GRID updated for 2019. New stuff in the works!
Turbofan's Terminal

Hi! I make average, undesirable, boring grey maps for YS Flight!

Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Re: Timezone checker

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:13 pm

Turbofan wrote:It seems a lot of new members (and even some regulars) have had some difficulties or questions regarding time zones. Now we have search engines by ways of Google, Yahoo! and Bing, but I thought I'd put this up here for quick, easy reference.

World Time Server is a great site to go and check your current time and then compare it with world times around the globe. Every time zone in the world is covered, including hundreds of cities and even Antarctica/Artic if you wish. I have this bookmarked and is a great resource when it comes time to check times in another zone.

They also have a "Quick Links" section right there on the homepage for he most-checked zones. So right now, London is six hours ahead of where I am (currently 11:14 a.m. here; 5:14p.m. in London). UTC time is five hours ahead of U.S. Central (again, the time zone in which I am located in) so current UTC time is 4:14p.m. (1614 hours UTC).

It also tells you which cities are observing Daylight Savings Time in its world clock.

Hope this helps!
@Administration - Make this shit a Global Announcement - It'd be easier for our users to access it. That or have Eric Put it in the sidebar.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████