Error-prone aircraft

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing
Favorite Aircraft: Tristar, F-5 family

Error-prone aircraft

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

Recently, I had a thought of keeping tabs on every mod that I know is prone to causing errors on servers, and cutting them out of the server lists entirely. With the sheer amount of mods out there though, it would be pretty hard for one person to document all of the error creators - especially aircraft that give out the infamous "max speed is lower than cruising speed" failures, which don't even tell you what's causing it.

(If it seems like I'm making a bigger deal than necessary out of this, I'm really not - error boxes have a bad habit of ejecting me from servers outright, in the middle of flights, especially if they take too long to appear.)

What are some mods that we know are responsible for causing errors? I've been able to weed out a few, but plenty are still out there, for sure. This thread could serve as a starting point for resolving or removing them.

Manager, Host, Pilot @ VCAP Aerobatics | 2021-Present
"Wedge", CO @ 2nd United Combat Wing | 2020-Present
jsu2
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Re: Error-prone aircraft

Post by jsu2 »

I'm trying to cut these down as well, for now I've been going one by one every time I notice an error. Let me know if I'm wrong, but it feels like aircraft in some of the ace combat packs are very prone to this.

Other than that, if someone has errors with openys or it just doesnt start, try moving some of the lsts out of the aircraft folder. Did this chunk by chunk and narrowed down a few troublesome ones. Sixth post in this thread if anyone needs the names.

Honestly, for some of the errors that pop up in flight, there might be way to find specific dats that are probable causers. Linux has grep and I found windows has a downloadable grep. If the problem is in varying number values, then this most likely wont work. It might require a script.
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: de Havilland Mosquito

Post by Vic Viper »

jsu2 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:02 am Honestly, for some of the errors that pop up in flight, there might be way to find specific dats that are probable causers.
I believe some of these are simple dat issues like you mentioned than can be patched. Consolidating everything into a list would be great, so patches can be done and shared among the server owners. Some other errors still may persist client side though.
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg...and my arm...even my fingers. The body I've lost...the comrades I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past"
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

If there are specific things that are flags and need to be changed in a DAT file, it would be pretty easy to write a python script to search for them and print a list of the files and the issue. I'd just need folks to give me the things to look for. I already have the code to look for and import DAT Files as part of the YSFlight Log Tool.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Kiowa, Mitten, Hornet

Post by waspe414 »

Aside from critspeed > maxspeed, you'd have to run through the exact YS lift equation to find negative Cd errors
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green