Paintball FTW!

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
ToxicSkylinesMH10
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-22C

Paintball FTW!

Post by ToxicSkylinesMH10 »

Does anyone else on YSHQ paintball?

Ive been paintballing for a pretty long while, at least a couple good professional years. About 3 years on a few teams.
As far as I know from what other people tell me and how I personally play against other teams, I would say that I'm a pretty lethal player out there.
(lol I may suck as a pilot here on YS, but the paintball field is definitely my home when it comes to comfort. I feel very natural playing the game and I enjoy it very much)

I'm a pump gun player, so for those of you that don't know, that means its pretty much like a shotgun where you cock it once, shoot once, and you do it all manually, rather than rely on advanced mechanics or computers to oversee the amount that you shoot out.

Alot of people look down on pump gun players because they think that you could only be having fun if you're spraying out $90-$120 of paint a day :lol:
I find paying that much for paint pretty much absurd. I only use $25, MAYBE $35 worth of paint whenever I play (All Day) and I get just as many kills as other people do (if not more) with fully electric markers (paintball guns)

If you're looking for a sport that is really fun, and adrenaline pumping, then paintball is really a good choice.
And if you already play or are just getting started, hit me up on PM or just post here and I will be more than happy to help you out to either choose parts, guns, or paint.
Ive been playing long enough to know whats a good deal on equipment or anything about paintball really.

I hope that there is other people that play paintball on here :) I would be sad if there weren't any :cry:
Kilo 11
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire

Re: Paintball FTW!

Post by Kilo 11 »

airsoft everynow and then
halberdier25
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Unspecified

Post by halberdier25 »

I still have my Smartparts Ion and the requisite air cans and paint, but I haven't gone out in years.
Spazz

Post by Spazz »

yah i paintball every now and then i have a Spyder E 99 with a smart parts 10 inch, its way better than airsoft, hands down
Kilo 11
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire

Post by Kilo 11 »

Spazz wrote:yah i paintball every now and then i have a Spyder E 99 with a smart parts 10 inch, its way better than airsoft, hands down
LOL
ToxicSkylinesMH10
Contributor
Contributor

Very cool people, very cool :)

If you want to make it a bit more interesting, post up a picture of your paintball guns, gear, and for those that air-soft, I'll be a nice guy and let you post your things here as well :) Don't worry, Il protect ya

As for my guns, I'm working on my main one right now, so when I finish it, I shall put up pictures of that on and the others that I have.
lol and I will even maybe post some pictures of my first gun that I got to start off with :P
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Post by Honey Badger »

Main reason I play airsoft: its cheap.

Second: the guns are a little more realistic in look and feel, but that's just me.
halberdier25
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by halberdier25 »

Realism is quite possibly the worst reason to play any war games.
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Honey Badger »

Good point. :lol:
Timmayx
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: English Electric Lightning

Post by Timmayx »

halberdier25 wrote:Realism is quite possibly the worst reason to play any war games.
*Nerd Voice* "I got this light that the British Army use in Afghanistan, it goess from off, flashing green, solid green and flashing infra-red, and it was only £60"

Yeah I heard this at an airsoft event. I felt bad enough in dessi dpm and assault vest. Saying that, I do prefer airsoft, even if my jg G36 is a fickle sod and is currently held together by nuts and bolts instead of the brittle pins it used originally.
"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. "
halberdier25
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by halberdier25 »

Play those games to have fun: not to learn how to fight an insurgency. The rules are fundamentally different.
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Honey Badger »

Another reason for airsoft. The parks rangers let us play in a national forest. Nothing like crashing through (into) trees at night.
ToxicSkylinesMH10
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I should just like to point out several things here :D

I do airsoft, but as anyone could guess, I love paintball over airsoft for a lot of reasons. In the end, it all comes down to just plain preferences.
However, I shall write them out :)

In paintball, you can have teams that are entirely dependent on skill and tactics.

In airsoft, while you can (kind of) do the above, its not really a precise sport. Airsoft pellets fly in a million directions, waayyyy too many BB's flying around to even count as you being (accurate)
and there is no way to tell that you have been hit unless you have:
A referee that sees it
A mark on your actual skin
or if you are actually an honorable person and call yourself out

As much as people always say that people who play airsoft call their shots, In every game I have played, and in every location I have played, people simply do not do this very well. People will either play stupid, keep shooting at you even though they have been hit numerous times, or just plain cheat.

At least in paintball, If they don't give up, you can really leave them something to remember you by.
Not only by turning them into beautiful colored butterflies, but also by leaving many, many, many, many body hits.

It is pretty difficult to cheat in paintball.
lol. Don't even bring up frozen paintballs, because that is a crash and burn argument with me :lol:

and as for realism, only noobs or insanely rich people in paintball really rely on (looking real) guns.
Case in point. . . . . . .
http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/m24 ... achine-gun

http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/m24 ... achine-gun

http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/m60 ... achine-gun

http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/t68 ... achine-gun

hahaha I would love to have any of those painful monsters.
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Honey Badger »

Honesty isn't a problem for us. We play until one team surrenders. Still not as painful or fun as paintball, but fun, nonetheless.
halberdier25
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by halberdier25 »

Airsoft always confused me for exactly that reason: in winter I could be cammied up and have very little issue being shot point-blank in the chest. If there's no pain involved, and no legitimate method of marking who has been shot, how can you play the game? At least paintball includes convenient pain and marking.
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Honey Badger »

That's what I'm saying. We don't keep track of that. Other places do, however by using judges stationed around the field. Ukau in Cali, for example.
Doomsday
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: PEW PEW PEW PEW

Post by Doomsday »

Im sure there are a couple pictures of me playing paintball floating around on this forum somewhere
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Team Awesome# 131
Philster
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747

Post by Philster »

Doomsday wrote:Im sure there are a couple pictures of me playing paintball floating around on this forum somewhere
Yep
Doomsday wrote:Image

COME AT ME BRO
241st Shadow Hunter
Team Awesome # 241
Soji wrote:They were the last birds who could have been arrested for the criminal negligence.
Doomsday
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: PEW PEW PEW PEW

Post by Doomsday »

Philster wrote:
Doomsday wrote:Im sure there are a couple pictures of me playing paintball floating around on this forum somewhere
Yep
Doomsday wrote:[img]https://i.imgur.com/JHXd5.jpg[img]

COME AT ME BRO
Stalker
<3
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Team Awesome# 131
ToxicSkylinesMH10
Contributor
Contributor

ohhhhhhhhhhh very nice :D

its pretty awesome that you actually had someone get a picture of you like that, most people don't know how to take those pictures :lol:

Very sweet indeed