ys simulator

Introductions, birthdays, and special announcements.
aviatorex1

ys simulator

Post by aviatorex1 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Have had trouble getting an answer to my question. Have a ys sim and when I start it always gives me a HUD display. I would prefer to be able to control the planes from outside the plane and not in the cockpit.I have unchecked the HUD qand stoill get the HUD display when I attemppt to play. I am a fromer Navy jet pilot. Nwith over 3500 hours, however. that hasn't helped me become proficient at RC flying or Simulator. Appreciate any response.

Phoenix
Legend
Legend
Favorite Aircraft: Sr-71

Re: ys simulator

Post by Phoenix » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:06 pm

hello and welcome! a bit on yourself? (a support section is here: http://forum.ysfhq.com/viewforum.php?f=61)

Anyway, welcome to YSFHQ! We hope you have a good time, and if you wish to train in dogfighting I recommend the 4th Agressor Squadron.

Have a safe flight!

Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Post by Honey Badger » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:17 pm

A chase cam is found with F8, perspective is F7, ILS is F6, and Tower is F9. F6 and F9 will take you to the nearest ILS or tower respectively.
USAF Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4)
"Powerpoint Ranger"

halberdier25
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Unspecified

Post by halberdier25 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Go into "flight options" and uncheck "show HUD".

aviatorex1

Post by aviatorex1 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:45 pm

To those that responded, thanks very much. When I started into WIKI, I really was not aware of the rules. I do apologize for any problems I may have caused. I am 78 years old and a fORmer jet jock with the Navy. I accumuATED OVER 3500 HOURS in a 13 1/2 acticve duty career. Had 600 carrier laNDINGS ON THE iNDEPENDENCE AND eNTERPRISE. wAS IN SOUTH CHINA SEA FOR ALMOST A YEAR A ND HAD 72 MISSIONS OVER vIETNAM. I live in Louisville,Ky and have since 1972. I enjoy RC flying a nd have about 4 pla nes. I aLSO LIKE SIMULATOR FLYING. gETTING IN TO THIS STUFF IT WAS MADE CLEAR PRETTY QUICKLY THAT ACTUAL FLYING AND rc ARE NOT THE SAME.
Thanksagain for the responses

Taskforce 58
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-104, Tu-95, Piaggio Avanti

Post by Taskforce 58 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:50 pm

aviatorex1 wrote: Had 600 carrier laNDINGS ON THE iNDEPENDENCE AND eNTERPRISE. wAS IN SOUTH CHINA SEA FOR ALMOST A YEAR A ND HAD 72 MISSIONS OVER vIETNAM.
OK I gotta ask: what where you flying, and what unit? (Even better if you remember the aircraft's modex and serial #) That might give me ideas for the next modding project.

vandal
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Tornado GR4

Post by vandal » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:10 pm

Very good to see you here sir. Always good to have real pilots join our ranks. And Vietnam vet, Gunny will be a happy chappy. You'll find some great add-ons here, and if you have any questions don't be scared to ask.
Hope you enjoy your time with us.
Awesome 171st pilot
>>>I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes. I am the ghost, that hides in the night<<<
Used to be an Admin, but then I rage quit. Now just one of you normal rejects
Also known as Princess Vandel

Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: One of them

Post by Alpha Star » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:46 pm

Welcome!
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my signature, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular lack of skills, skills I have imagined having over a very long career. Skills that make me are completely useless in any situation. If you stop reading now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't stop reading, I will look for you, I will probably not find you, and I will kill your refrigerator.