Interested in Joining

Lux.
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: UFO

Interested in Joining

Post by Lux. » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:18 am

Hello All,

I have a question, I have just signed up and I have started on YSFHQ but I am looking for more. I am looking to fly in a demonstration team. I also have FSX (flight Simulator 10) and X-Plane 9 & 10. In those simulators when I fly with my friends I am good at flying formation I have flown formation in YSFlight and I am good on this simulator as well. When I started flying in YSFlight I started dog fighting (DF'ng) and thought 'This is fun but I want more" So I thought that I should join a Demo Team. So here I am asking if anyone knows/has a demo team that is looking for a pilot. I can fly a tight, steady formation. When I don't know something I learn quickly.

Thanks,
Lux.

PS If you don't want to post on this forum you can e-mail me at [email protected]
If nothing goes right, go left

Kilo 11
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire

Re: Interested in Joining

Post by Kilo 11 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:29 am

Hey there newcomer!
Welcome to YSFHQ! :)
I'm happy to see new people interested in aerobatics here. About your question, there are a few teams active in our community, (we even have the funniest virtual shows), but not all of them fly more than 2+ ship formations, I must say perhaps 2 or 3 out there. YS is great for aerobatics and my advice for you would be to start your own team, why? Because that way you can do whatever you want, fly whatever plane you want, paint it the way you want, and no need to stick to anyone's ''orders'' or things like that.
If you are good at formation flying I'm pretty sure you may be one of those pilots t thrill the virtual crowds at the next airshow.
Welcome again and I hope to see any formation flying of yours real soon! ;)
https://www.facebook.com/vnafairfest?fref=ts
VNAF AirFest staff 2012-2016
Virtual display pilot

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:58 am

Honestly I'm gonna have to disagree with you Kilo on some terms. Starting right out trying to have your own formation team in the beginning is probably not the best idea. I've seen it tried and it just doesn't work out unless you have the prior experience of being under someone else's command. This first allows you to experience how difficult in YS it is to assemble, maintain, and train an aerobatic team, especially with more than one person. The Blue Dolphins rarely got good practices through where we could actually run the whole routine and even then, by the first air show, half the team didn't even show up. Find a formation team you like or someone else who has the experience (such as myself actually) and learn from them. That way you have the experience of leading a team. It's a lot harder than it sounds running your own formation display team. If you're interested, I have several ideas and I'd be happy to have you join me.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C

Post by Crazypilot » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:00 am

Like VNAF said, you gotta learn the ropes first and then, once you got enough experience, you can start your own squad.
Boneless Pizza

Lux.
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: UFO

Post by Lux. » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:34 am

Thanks for all the replies guys,

I already have lots of formation experience and being in a demo team. I know what you need to do and how to be a great leader. Dispute I probably could make a demo team "go." But honestly I don't feel like I want to do all the planning, recruiting, and so forth. VNAF if it is okay I would like to join ur team. One might say that this is and but I have no preference in airplane just that I would like to be left or right wing. I am in the Airshow loop for FASA (FSX Airshow Assoviation) I narrate for two teams, but that is not important. If you have a teamspeak VNAF e-mail me it or something. If you want a ts let me know and I can host one in a second. I can also host a YSFlight TeamSpeak. If you want.

Regards,
Lux.
If nothing goes right, go left

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:01 am

Theres a better way to prove your worth.

As people tend not to join new squads, the trick is not to advertise, but to DEMONSTRATE. Make a replay or youtube vid showing what you can do.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!