Flying a routine.

Hyperactive_sloth
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F-22 Raptor

Flying a routine.

Post by Hyperactive_sloth »

Hello!
I can do a variety of tricks and manouvres and awesome stuff with airplanes, but how do i put it together?
should i wing it or plan ahead?
because i don't really know what to do next so i repeat something i've done before in the routine. Like, flying the extra. i buzz the tower, immediatly do a half loop and fly on upside down, then do some fun stuff flying in stall with the prop up, and then i get out of that by spinning out and recovering at the last moment. But then i don't know what to do so i buzz the tower again.
someone help me :P
Seagull
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: All of 'em

Re: Flying a routine.

Post by Seagull »

Just search for some cool new maneuvers on the internet and make a list on when to do what maneuver. Put some random stuff between each maneuver like a sharp turn to the left, then to the right, barrel rolls whatever if you think your act won't last long enough. That's how I did it last time.
https://www.iac.org/legacy/aerobatic-figures
Nath
Penguin Airways VA
Penguin Airways VA
Favorite Aircraft: Panavia Tornado GR4

Post by Nath »

What I generally do is run up and down the runway doing each manouvre, and then turning round to go back the other way to do something else. You can also turn so you're facing the flight line.

I.E
Snap Rolls across the flight line, turn to face the way you've just been
Inverted, turn so you're facing the flight line head on,
Stall Turn, etc. ect.
Hyperactive_sloth
Rookie
Rookie

What I generally do is run up and down the runway doing each manouvre, and then turning round to go back the other way to do something else. You can also turn so you're facing the flight line.

I.E
Snap Rolls across the flight line, turn to face the way you've just been
Inverted, turn so you're facing the flight line head on,
Stall Turn, etc. ect.
that's a good one. sometimes i get carried away and do some awesome things but far away from 'show center' so noone will see it from the ground xD
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE »

Try youtube and search for some real life performers. There's dozens of great ones to look at. Try Sean Tucker, Skip Stewart, Michael Goulian, Rob Holland, John Klatt, Billy Werth, Jason Newburg, Jim LeRoy, Patty Wagstaff, etc. That's just the a pinch of good ones to try. They're all high energy pilots that do a lot of flying in a small box of airspace.

Just make sure you stay in the aerobatic box, which is typically an area about the length of the runway/crowdline, about 500ft away from the crowd line, and up to about 2500 feet from the crowd line for the farthest you should go. That's just a rough estimate but typically, there's not much buzzing the tower when it comes to aerobatics mostly because of regulations, but this is YS so you get to be different if you want :).

As for your routine, I typically wing my routine in the MaxG Extra, however, I still have a set plan or idea of what I'm going to do. It's usually best to at least have a base for what you're flying and even better to have an exact routine planned out. Your routine should be like a show; it's gotta have an introduction, a build-up, a bang, and an end, depending on what you want. Typically, if you lay it out right, you should have a nice "wow" factor when people watch, and that's what you're looking for.

Hope this helps a bit.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-18 Hornet

Post by Mobiyus »

I'm not much into aerobatics, but with such good tips, I might just try and create a small display :)
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Hyperactive_sloth
Rookie
Rookie

thank you all for the tips, i'll work on it :)