[NOV 10] Acroshow International

sameer123
Favorite Aircraft: a340

[NOV 10] Acroshow International

Post by sameer123 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:14 am

[Undifined] (depends where do you live)Winter or Summer Acroshow international at San-Fransisco airport .
(If you will be given permision in server chat)Everyone can take of from all four runways to show their experience in acrobatic fleet.
Specification(Don't read it as bla bla bla
1. No Gun, Missiles(AGM ,A-AAm ,AAM) ,Bombs, should be used.
2. Only Flares, Smoke ,Fuel Tanks should be used.
I'll first learn to host this event fully now thank you for you advices
now.☺ :P
Ip address And port
ip: 192.168.43.50
port: 7915
How To Apply
1. Team Name:
2. Player Name:
3. Duration:
4. Aircraft:
5. Aircraft link:
6. Notes(Are Optional):
Something you can read as bla bla
Its my first time so please join the [undifined] Winter or Summer Acroshow international at San-Fransisco airport .😖😅
Last edited by sameer123 on Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Re: [Oct 21] Acroshow International

Post by Ace Lord » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:24 pm

While I can applaud your enthusiasm and confidently say that YSFHQ is always welcoming of new talent to our humble little corner of the interwebz, please consider consulting this aerial events guideline thread. Hosting an airshow involves quite the investment of one's free time both prior to and during the event in order to be successful. While some information therein is a bit dated (i.e. we use Discord instead of Teamspeak now), the user who wrote it is YSFHQ's resident expert on airshow organization and has been a professional airshow announcer for years.

In any case, welcome to YSFHQ and best of luck hosting an event in the future.
< BoH

yooyop004
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon(Block30)

Re: [Oct 21] Acroshow International

Post by yooyop004 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:10 pm

if the airshow was set to take place in 2-3 months to give the People time to Practice and so you the host has time to get everything all set up, those who can't do a live demo record replays Etc, a lot more people wouldn't want to or be able to apply with the current day it's set to happen on there's just no way it can be done on that short notice, plus there's not that many live Demo teams here on YSFHQ anyway.
Blue Angel #1 "Mustang" (BOSS)

sameer123

Re: [NOV 10] Acroshow International

Post by sameer123 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:10 am

So, the event has been postponed to Nov 13 2021

Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: One of them

Post by Alpha Star » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:26 pm

To repeat what has been said already, I love your enthusiasm. However running an event does take time to prepare and research.
I suggest having a really good read of the airshow topic, see how its been done before and read the super useful tips from Scarecrow linked by Ace Lord.
Also diving straight into a time consuming event is a bad idea (trust me, I found out the hard way many years ago :lol: )

For people to want to sign up and come to the event, make posters advertising what the show is about.
Maybe come and perform at a YS airshow to make yourself known around here.
Your server IP is not a public server, no one outside your network can connect to it. (Correct me if I am wrong)

I hope you stick around here and organise some good events! But my main suggestion, come to an event first, and see what you can do better!

After you have performed at a show and done some research and you still want to run something, send me a PM and I will help.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my signature, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular lack of skills, skills I have imagined having over a very long career. Skills that make me are completely useless in any situation. If you stop reading now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't stop reading, I will look for you, I will probably not find you, and I will kill your refrigerator.

Krux
CVW-171
CVW-171
Favorite Aircraft: Super Bug

Post by Krux » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:46 pm

I'd be willing to lend my Pi Server for the event, if you take the time to study how to do it. Maybe check replays/ask people around for their experiences?
sameer123 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:14 am
Ip address And port
That IP is your internal, local IP, for your network...

Hornet
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18F Super Hornet

Post by Hornet » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:08 am

So, the first thing to know.
There are A LOT things that you need to prepare before opening the airshow in YSFS.
Need to understand how many efforts for the airshow behind the scene in YSFHQ.
Those events are NOT made in one second. The event host spent more than a month preparing the airshow.

There is stuff that is required to opening the airshow.

First of all, you need PUBLIC SERVER that anyone can join.
This is not simply asking if you can open the server in YSFS. Anyone can open a private server.
However, opening a server accessible to others is completely different. Has anyone else ever entered your server?
If not, better to check your internet options. Usually without Port Forwarding your server can not be used.

Second, there must be the SCENERY for the airshow.
Scenery for air shows requires something different from other usual scenery.
Basically, air show scenery requires a Mile marker. Mile markers are very important to performers.
In YSFS's system, they need tools to accurately locate themselves and that's the mile marker.
Mile markers generally consist of BUSs but not IFF1.
This is not essential, but important. In the air show scenery, there must be an aircraft on the ramp.
These do nothing, but they increase the performer's immersion.

Third, Narrator and Musics.
Every airshow has a narrator and music. Most performers didn't have their own narrator.
The presence or absence of a narrator is very important. Their existence and skills determine the level of interest in air shows. Can you play music or give narration to people?

Even if all of these things are ready, there are still more things that are needed.
Why are there few people planning the air show? Why are they limited?
This is because it is very hard work, but it requires trust.

Participants have not participated in every air show. They long to show off their skills in a fully prepared air show.
The current air show hosts, themselves, were also good air show participants. They have already proven their skills by participating in several air shows and gained trust that they will not no-show.

We don't know how thoroughly you planned and prepared for this air show, and can we trust you.
In this situation, many participants will hesitate to participate in the air show.

Rather than blindly attempting to hold an air show, it would be wise to observe what you need, work in the community, show your abilities, and hold it with the help of others who have already held it.
Member of YS Flight Korea, Mad Shark Joint Force
YS FLIGHT F/A-18 Rhino Demonstration Team
President of MIRAE Airways

sameer123

Post by sameer123 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:40 pm

Krux wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:46 pm
I'd be willing to lend my Pi Server for the event, if you take the time to study how to do it. Maybe check replays/ask people around for their experiences?
sameer123 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:14 am
Ip address And port
Thanks I'll be happy to work with you :P
That IP is your internal, local IP, for your network...
I'll be happy to work with you

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:12 pm

This has to be the cutest thread I've seen in a while. :lol:

Ah, bless you Sameer.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

sameer123

Post by sameer123 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:16 pm

Thanks roger 🥰

sameer123

Post by sameer123 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:19 pm

I mean I'v been offline for about a month 😚😚😚