Scenery Editor Issues

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
Philster
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747

Scenery Editor Issues

Post by Philster » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:04 am

I'm currently working on a map, but I've run into a few issues I can't seem to fix. First of all, I've have added udaloys and burkes to my map, but the issue is they seem to have motionpaths already preset. I have no idea how to change this and make them stationary. I can't even see the path they follow in the first place. The next issue I am having is I have accidentally added a Ysflight [img]aircraft[/img] to my scenery. For some reason, I can't seem to see or select the aircraft, stopping me from deleting it in the first place. Sorry if the answers to these questions are obvious. If you need any more information, just ask.

Edit: Solved the aircraft issue. All I had to do was open the select dialog, and choose the specific aircraft.
241st Shadow Hunter
Team Awesome # 241
Soji wrote:They were the last birds who could have been arrested for the criminal negligence.

Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Re: Scenery Editor Issues

Post by Gunny » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:50 am

Those are ground objects with ACP (aircraft carrier propertys).They are preset by the maker of the object.But you can go into the .dat file and reset the max speed to 0 and they wont move.But if you have those same object in another scenery those wont move eather in that scenery.
If you have some spare time try experimenting with the .dat and ACP files to see what makes what work.Just remember to backup the originals so you dont loose them.Enjoy. :)

Philster
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747

Post by Philster » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:22 am

Thanks a lot, but does this mean that if I release the map, I can not include udaloys and burkes? If I edit the dats. they will not move for me, but does the same go for other users?
241st Shadow Hunter
Team Awesome # 241
Soji wrote:They were the last birds who could have been arrested for the criminal negligence.

vandal
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Tornado GR4

Post by vandal » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:44 am

You don't have to edit the dat, there is a way you can stop objects from moving without editing their dat. Editing their dat will only change it on your computer and most people don't like to replace dats of the default objects.
To stop your objects from moving you have to:
  • Select the ground object (You can also select more than one at a time).
  • Click on the 'GroundObject' tab at the top.
  • Click on the 'Modify' option.
  • the tick 'Flag 4 (Do not move)'.
In the modify option you can do other things to this object or group of objects.
  • Set as 'Primary Target'.
  • Set as 'Flag 0 (Primary ILS)'.
  • Set as 'Flag 1 (Primary Aircraft Carrier)'.
  • Set as 'Flag 2 (Move Toward Enemy Ground Objects)' this is handy if you want tanks or ships to moev towards enemy targets with your setting a motion path.
  • Set as 'Flag 3 (Attack Any Enemy Ground Object)'. If flag 3 is off, the ground object will attack only enemy tanks and navy ships.
  • Set as 'Flag 4 (Do not move)'.
  • 'Flag 5', 'Flag 6', 'Flag 7' have not be assigned an action yet so will not do anything as far as I know.
Awesome 171st pilot
>>>I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes. I am the ghost, that hides in the night<<<
Used to be an Admin, but then I rage quit. Now just one of you normal rejects
Also known as Princess Vandel