Hi I'm AirshowFan1!

Introductions, birthdays, and special announcements.
AirshowFan1
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Block 52

Hi I'm AirshowFan1!

Post by AirshowFan1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:51 am

Hello YSFHQ I'm AirshowFan1!

First off My full name is Armando Cuesta, yes my name is Hispanic just thought I'd let you know. :)
I'm really into Aerobatic Flying (single ship or formation flights) My current goal while being a member of YSFHQ is to either start my own aerobatics squad or join a currently existing one, that is once I am good enough that is. I know I have to work towards them but it'll be worth it once I'm there!

A Master Sgt./1st Sgt. in the U.S. Air Force Auxiliary Pasco Squadron, Have a little over 150 hours of flying time (Real Flying) under my belt in a Cessna 182, I take leadership,discipline, etc. seriously just to let you guys know. Been to numerous Military Bases that include MacDill AFB in Tampa,FL, Shaw AFB in Sumter, S.C., Langley AFB in Hampton, VA, NAS Pensacola, NAS Point Mugu in Oxnard, California and a bit more! Had V.I.P. Flights in several aircraft including SH-60 Seahawk, UH-1 Huey, HC-130 Hercules, C-17 Globemaster III.

Attended several airshows as Logistics Staff, Comms, and Public Affairs, all to which I am highly skilled in these fields which I think could be a valuable asset to virtual airshows, I have also been a narrator in a few small airshows of my own if that helps any. Have Seen USAF Thunderbirds (2009,2011), USN/USMC Blue Angels(2008,2010), RAF Red Arrows(2006,2009,2011), and CAF Snowbirds(2006,2008), also have gotten the chance to interview most of them already which I was honored to be able to speak to some of the best pilots in the world.
Currently the United States Air Force Thunderbirds are my all time favorite air demonstration squadron, They carry the colors of the United States!

Sorry if I dragged it out a tad bit too long Just wanted you guys to get to know me a bit, Hope to see some (if not most) of you guys in the skies of YS Flight! Hope I get along well here, I'll do my best to follow my superiors and obey the forum rules to the best of my ability.

Cheers,
Armando "Ringo" Cuesta

Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Re: Hi I'm AirshowFan1!

Post by Honey Badger » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:58 am

No such thing as "too long". T-birds are absolutely BEAST! Funny thing is, any F-16 pilot could do that, the T-birds just set a routine. BTW, those leadership classes might make you an XO of a Sqaudron. ;) I got picked up and had no idea I had the skills to do it until my mom explained that what I thought was "common sense" was "leadership". Weird. Just uh...keep on with those classes...um...practice routines...you'll be fine. I'm just going to shut up now...
USAF Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4)
"Powerpoint Ranger"

redcell
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Unspecified

Post by redcell » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:03 am

Ringo?
STARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hawkstar
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-18 Hornet

Post by Hawkstar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:48 am

pinkzeppelin wrote:Ringo?
STARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
True,

first that is one nice intro
second welcome to the community.

Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B

Post by Scarecrow » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:00 am

AirshowFan1 wrote:Hello YSFHQ I'm AirshowFan1!

First off My full name is Armando Cuesta, yes my name is Hispanic just thought I'd let you know. :)
I'm really into Aerobatic Flying (single ship or formation flights) My current goal while being a member of YSFHQ is to either start my own aerobatics squad or join a currently existing one, that is once I am good enough that is. I know I have to work towards them but it'll be worth it once I'm there!

A Master Sgt./1st Sgt. in the U.S. Air Force Auxiliary Pasco Squadron, Have a little over 150 hours of flying time (Real Flying) under my belt in a Cessna 182, I take leadership,discipline, etc. seriously just to let you guys know. Been to numerous Military Bases that include MacDill AFB in Tampa,FL, Shaw AFB in Sumter, S.C., Langley AFB in Hampton, VA, NAS Pensacola, NAS Point Mugu in Oxnard, California and a bit more! Had V.I.P. Flights in several aircraft including SH-60 Seahawk, UH-1 Huey, HC-130 Hercules, C-17 Globemaster III.

Attended several airshows as Logistics Staff, Comms, and Public Affairs, all to which I am highly skilled in these fields which I think could be a valuable asset to virtual airshows, I have also been a narrator in a few small airshows of my own if that helps any. Have Seen USAF Thunderbirds (2009,2011), USN/USMC Blue Angels(2008,2010), RAF Red Arrows(2006,2009,2011), and CAF Snowbirds(2006,2008), also have gotten the chance to interview most of them already which I was honored to be able to speak to some of the best pilots in the world.

Currently the United States Air Force Thunderbirds are my all time favorite air demonstration squadron, They carry the colors of the United States!

Sorry if I dragged it out a tad bit too long Just wanted you guys to get to know me a bit, Hope to see some (if not most) of you guys in the skies of YS Flight! Hope I get along well here, I'll do my best to follow my superiors and obey the forum rules to the best of my ability.

Cheers,
Armando "Ringo" Cuesta
Welcome. You and I will get along just fine. Glad to see additional individuals who have worked real air shows. I would assume as a volunteer as part of your CAP obligations? Gotta' love CAP support - free work!

Stop over-glorifying those Thunderchickens. Blues are where it's at.

Civil Air Patrol. Interesting organization. Never got involved in it due to just having to much stuff to do.

What air shows have you worked? Will you be at ICA.S?

"si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"

Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:56 am

Impressive intro and resume and CAP is also where I learned to fly but my bird was a piper J-3 more years ago than I care to count.lol.
I think you may out rank me.But Jr.birdman enlisted ranks always baffled me.To darn many strips.lol.
Welcome and enjoy your self.
Image[/align=centre]

RedEagle

Post by RedEagle » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi glad to see u here im red the annoying 1 around here
HAVE FUN!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35

Post by Shiny Rice » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:35 pm

Welcome!
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!

AirshowFan1

Post by AirshowFan1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:02 pm

I have been to 5 MacDill Airfest's, Went to This years Valkaryia Airfest, Attended the Florida International Airshow this year (was a BLAST to attend) Went to both USN Blue Angels and USAF Thunderbirds Homecoming Airshows, I currently am going to attend the Blue Angels 2011 Homecoming Airshow on November 18th. Attended The Sun N' Fun Fly-In & Expo This Year and Last year. Sadly This year during the Sun N' Fun Airshow a severe thunderstorm hit the airshow site Destroying many aircraft such as this one:

Due to me being there for the entire event I assisted in the ENTIRE cleanup process. But The show was able to continue 8 a.m on the following day which included sunny skies. Also there was an aircraft that children had created

This year I attended this years Pensacola Beach Air Show on July 9th of this year where the Blue Angels performed flawlessly as always. Attended Barksdale AFB Open House on May 7-8 where the F-22A Rocked the sky that day That was the main reason why I went because the last time I saw the F-22A Raptor Demo was back in 2001 at MacDill Airfest.

Some other airshows I attended include:

Thunder Over Louisville April 16, 2011
"Wings Over Wayne" Air Show at Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
and alot more.

So yea I am an Airshow Fanatic and not to mention I am also an Airshow Photographer
For example here are some of the Pics I took at MacDill Airfest 2011(apologize if I turn this into a photo gallery :lol: ):

B-1B Lancer Sunset.

The rest will be plain links to the pics:

F/A-18C Hornet from the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower - (CVN-69) Carrier Wing 7 - VFA-131.

Couldnt help to notice & take a picture of my First name of the nose gear door of that F/A-18C.

A-10A With its signature Nose art and 30mm Cannon

An MH-6 "Little Bird" Helicopter

A Marine F/A-18F Super Hornet w/ Tiger Stripe

F-15E From Seymour Johnson AFB N.C.

Ed Hamill in his Pitts Biplane named "The Dream Machine"

USAF CV-22 Osprey Aircraft

Coast Guard HC-130 Hercules

B-25 Taxi's after its Demonstration

F-15E Demonstration team taxi's past the crowd to start it's demonstration

Panoramic view of the Thunderbirds F-16C Aircraft

And finally a Panoramic View of the Static display that shows the "Heavies"

Once again sorry if i overdid it on the photos and for starting a little photobook here. Just showing you guys That i am experienced with a camera. Will be taking Pics at the Blue Angels Homecoming Airshow on the 18th this year.

Hope you guys liked yet another long ass post but hey at least they are aircraft/military related, eh?
If I need to revert the pictures to links I will do so if told so, Hope you like em'! And as for the Virtual airshow, I will most likely be attending it It seems interesting as well.

Armando "Ringo" Cuesta
Last edited by AirshowFan1 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Post by Honey Badger » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:12 pm

With that many pics, you would love Mr. Soji. He seems obsessed.
USAF Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4)
"Powerpoint Ranger"

Danny
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-86 Sabre

Post by Danny » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:18 pm

Welcome to YSFHQ!

Great photos, I like how in the US you can get up close and personal with the static aircraft - does make photography a bit problematic though with all the people around.

AirshowFan1

Post by AirshowFan1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Thanks for the welcomes guys, I'll be sure to enjoy my stay here.

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Wow! I think we could become great friends haha. Crow and I went to Thunder over Louisville this year as well and I'm pretty sure he went to at least one day of the Pensacola Beach Air Show but I'll leave that to him. As far as it goes however you're in good company as far as both being involved with air shows and loving the military and discipline/leadership part of it as well. I get my share of leadership being the CO of my Battalion in my school. I try to go to as many air shows as possible but am limited to the ones that are somewhat local. I gotta agree with Crow to some extent that the Blues are where it's at but I like the T-Birds in their own special, respectful way. Anyways you'll find a lot if not all of what you are looking for here. We've got organizations that run air shows and aerobatic organizations/squads that provide them with the excitement ;) . Enjoy ysfhq.com as this place is a great place to spend your flight sim time.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

Welshy
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Spaceships I see when in a K hole

Post by Welshy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:52 pm

Danny wrote:Welcome to YSFHQ!

Great photos, I like how in the US you can get up close and personal with the static aircraft - does make photography a bit problematic though with all the people around.
Unless your with Cadets in the UK and they let you straight past the barriers :P
YSRepo Supreme Overlord
YSFHQ Elected Overlord
Overlord of VMFA-125 (CVW-171)
Previously Supreme Overlord of 323rd CAW
Friendly Neighbourhood Miscreant

If you see me post like this in a thread pay attention!

Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C

Post by Crazypilot » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:01 am

Welcome to YSFHQ and I gotta say those are soem great pic's especialy the B-1
Boneless Pizza

AirshowFan1

Post by AirshowFan1 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:12 am

The B-1B flyby during Airfest 2011 was canceled on Saturday after having to reschedule the Flyby to Sunday. The reason you might say? Landing Haydraulics/Tire Problem. But man When the Lancer made that fly-by on Sunday It literaly shook the ground!

The Thunderbirds Also had a little mishap. The #2 Right Wing Capt. Ryan Riley had a technical problem, he had to land during the performance which is why there were five aircraft performing at the end instead of six. But thankfully he was able to fly the full demonstration the following day.

Here are some more pics that i took:

F-5E Tiger II

Closeup of A-10A 30 mm Cannon

Also got the chance to interview Thunderbird #7, Operations Officer Lt. Col. Jason Koltes

Backside view of a Coast Guard Jayhawk

The P-51D "Crazy Horse"

A T-6 Texan WWII Trainer

That's about all of my best photos that I took during the event, hope you guys like them. :)

-Armando "Ringo" Cuesta

Hawkstar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hawkstar » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:56 am

Ah the Blue Nosed bastards of Bodney.

Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B

Post by Scarecrow » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:13 am

I worked as a spot narrator for Thunder over Louisville this past year. I welcome you to our annual show in Evansvillle...

The airplane "built by children" is an understatement. Aviation Exploring is a subsidiary of Boy Scouts - basically we get the insurance. I work as a national coordinator. These teenagers (only open to 14-21, which is more of a higher age than the CAP in terms of the minimum age of 12), out of Birmingham, AL built their own homebuilt airplane, a Kitfox. They raffle it off at the end of the year, or whenever, which was to be Sun N' Fun. (actually the next day of the storm). They usually did "crap marketing" with bad handwriting and crayons to get people to donate further. These teenagers are highly educated and the nation wide program takes part in more flying than the CAP if I'm not mistaken. An Aviation Explorer Post in Kansas operates two aircraft and rent them for extremely low prices for it's members...it also provides free and full flight training for them, too. We volunteer at Oshkosh every year as Flight Line Safety and managing the home built layout of the show grounds. My Aviation Post in which I am the president off is in southern Indiana.

I may be flying in two PA-28-180's as demo aircraft to promote youth in aviation to Sun N' Fun next year, and working TOL as well.

"si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"

Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:17 am

Wow... It's actually pretty cool to see how enthusiastic both you (scare) and Airshow are at your hobbies.

Hawkstar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hawkstar » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:34 am

When it comes to airshows ill expect these two the most.