Behind the scenes I have been making something which has been on the planning for a long time. I am now showing it to the public:
Ocean Territories is a low-lag, large scale map that will be a host to all our activities. Being completely fictional, we can do with it what we want, and create that map all of us probably had in mind for a long time. I hope that I can create this map with this scenery. Airports and landing strips will feature FAA-standard markings for runway areas, terminals for VA's and bases for squadrons will be featured!
- 1 main hub per VA.
- A lot neutral airports in various sizes, to fly to/from.
- 1 Base per squadron. (You are always welcome at neutral airports, and may even be guests on other squadrons' bases/carriers.
- Dogfighting area, surrounded by NDB's with the [FIGHT] tag, including north and south starting points.
- Enemy bases of varying size on the outskirts of the map, but a small enemy base between some islands may make civilian flying a little more interesting
- An aerobatics airport, for freestyling and practising demo's. Flying there at own risk.
- Anything you guys want!
This map has a lot of things to see. 10 km high peaks, small islands, elevated airports, a volcano, and anything you like to see actually. That small blue thing in there is my grid, still set to 2 km in diameter...
Squadrons, VA's, etc. are encouraged to design their own airport, which I will include when approved. Standard bases are also available. You are free to submit custom ground objects for your base/hub, but keep in mind that this map is supposed to be low-lag, so I may reject certain designs.
I will copy this to the first post, since this will be the main thing I will be working on.
Any ideas, suggestions? Post them below!
Contact for design submissions, martin-dutchie[AT]323rd.cz.cc
To join this discussion, start reading from here!
Original first post:
The camo is complete, the canopy is enhanced, faces reduction at some spots, new AB and exhaust, shortened the gun barrels and I tamed the nose a bit. Also did some .dat editing, concerning the gear wheel positions and the number of rounds (3000 to 560), also added 2 smoke generators on the wingtips, where I will attach smokewinders on the demo team version. I still have to do a retractable refuelling probe, proper lighting, enhancing the gear animations, the smokewinders where I was talking about, and maybe some decals. Please feel free to suggest anything!