MiG-25 Help

latertimelord
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:30 pm
Favorite Aircraft: MiG-25BM "Foxbat-F"
Location: Nowhere

MiG-25 Help

Post by latertimelord » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:19 pm

I usually fly with GAC's MiG-25BM "rapid" ground attack aircraft, so I noticed I could take some tips/tricks.

Any help, please? :)

LeCricket84
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:06 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 757-200
Location: USA - . . . . In a SR-71, spying on your country.

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by LeCricket84 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Stay away from AGM's, and AA guns, and blow stuff up. :) That's about all the advice I can give you. :)

latertimelord
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:30 pm
Favorite Aircraft: MiG-25BM "Foxbat-F"
Location: Nowhere

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by latertimelord » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:56 pm

LeCricket84 wrote:Stay away from AGM's, and AA guns, and blow stuff up. :) That's about all the advice I can give you. :)
>

I understand, but, isn't there any ideas about high speed bombing raid tactics?

LeCricket84
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:06 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 757-200
Location: USA - . . . . In a SR-71, spying on your country.

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by LeCricket84 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Ok, I've got a couple of tactics for you. First is toss bombing. Basically, you fly low over you target and start a loop right after you fly over them. When you reach 90 degrees pitch up, proceed to pitch five more degrees to finish the loop. When you reach that point, release a bomb, and hope it hits. This is very hard to do, and takes a lot of practice. :)

Image of toss bombing
Image

Next, try high altitude bombing. This isn't quite as challenging, but can prove very fun at high speeds. :)

User avatar
Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Posts: 1389
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:28 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by Shiny Rice » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:41 pm

The MiG-25's for interception and recon, not for bombing. The best planes to do that are bombers, or attack planes like the F-15Es or A-10. Kuro has some awesome F-15s, and YSMajor improved the Oranleed A-10s, and they are in grey and woodland paints.
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!

User avatar
Bombcat
Staff
Staff
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:08 am
Favorite Aircraft: F-14D Tomcat
Location: Virginia
OS: Windows 7
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 139 times
Contact:

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by Bombcat » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:22 pm

The Mig-25P was an interceptor, the reconnaissance variants were equipped for a secondary role as high speed bombers.

In general, with an aircraft like the MiG-25, I would stick with a level bombing approach at high altitude. SAMs generally can't touch you above 47000 feet or so, and the Foxbat can easily do better than that. Aiming can be a bit tricky at the higher altitudes, and I recommend that you use the radar in bombing mode as your primary aiming tool. The MiG-25 would make a poor toss bomber, with it's limited agility and high altitude bias.
[CAG171]Bombcat, Commander, Air Wing 171
Team Awesome # 23
YSFHQ administrator.

User avatar
Taskforce 58
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:06 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-104, Tu-95, Piaggio Avanti
Location: YYZ VOR 062 radial, 17.5 DME
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 236 times
Contact:

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by Taskforce 58 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Do a lob-toss:

Make sure you have bombs selected. Turn on radar, switch to 25 miles range, and line up your target. Switch the radar to 10 mile range. Come in low (< 200') and fast (500kt+). When the target appears at the top of the radar display, pull up, and use the impact indicator on the radar screen (ignore the CCIP on your HUD) as the cue to drop your weapons. Usually this should happen with your nose up at 20-40 degrees, depending on your speed and altitude. If you pull past 45 degrees and the impact indicator still hasn't reached the target, you are either too slow or too far away, in which case abort, turn around and try again. Once you released your bombs you can break away and exit the area.

Not as accurate, but you won't have to overfly the target area.
Image

latertimelord
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:30 pm
Favorite Aircraft: MiG-25BM "Foxbat-F"
Location: Nowhere

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by latertimelord » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:59 pm

LeCricket84 wrote:Ok, I've got a couple of tactics for you. First is toss bombing. Basically, you fly low over you target and start a loop right after you fly over them. When you reach 90 degrees pitch up, proceed to pitch five more degrees to finish the loop. When you reach that point, release a bomb, and hope it hits. This is very hard to do, and takes a lot of practice. :)

Image of toss bombing
Image

Next, try high altitude bombing. This isn't quite as challenging, but can prove very fun at high speeds. :)
Hello? We're talking about a giant here? :P
I'd use the second technique.
Bombcat wrote:The Mig-25P was an interceptor, the reconnaissance variants were equipped for a secondary role as high speed bombers.

In general, with an aircraft like the MiG-25, I would stick with a level bombing approach at high altitude. SAMs generally can't touch you above 47000 feet or so, and the Foxbat can easily do better than that. Aiming can be a bit tricky at the higher altitudes, and I recommend that you use the radar in bombing mode as your primary aiming tool. The MiG-25 would make a poor toss bomber, with it's limited agility and high altitude bias.
Yes, this giant MiG is perfect for high-alt bombing... But what about SEAD ops? :mrgreen:
Taskforce 58 wrote:Do a lob-toss:

Make sure you have bombs selected. Turn on radar, switch to 25 miles range, and line up your target. Switch the radar to 10 mile range. Come in low (< 200') and fast (500kt+). When the target appears at the top of the radar display, pull up, and use the impact indicator on the radar screen (ignore the CCIP on your HUD) as the cue to drop your weapons. Usually this should happen with your nose up at 20-40 degrees, depending on your speed and altitude. If you pull past 45 degrees and the impact indicator still hasn't reached the target, you are either too slow or too far away, in which case abort, turn around and try again. Once you released your bombs you can break away and exit the area.

Not as accurate, but you won't have to overfly the target area.
My brother, who is flying with the Su-39, is always giving exact locations about the ground units over VoIP. He shoots the main targets, then I come up as a strike bomber.
Rise and Shine wrote:The MiG-25's for interception and recon, not for bombing. The best planes to do that are bombers, or attack planes like the F-15Es or A-10. Kuro has some awesome F-15s, and YSMajor improved the Oranleed A-10s, and they are in grey and woodland paints.
Oh no, F-15E is so overpowered. So does the A-10. I'd use Su-17 -which is an old wolf- instead of F-15E.

User avatar
Seagull
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:03 pm
Favorite Aircraft: All of 'em
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by Seagull » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:38 am

Be careful when enemy fly fast planes like F-22, F15 or Typhoon...
With this planes i usually intercept mig25s :P
And dont turn to hard because you will loose speed and planes with a better acceleration could get you..
Image

latertimelord
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:30 pm
Favorite Aircraft: MiG-25BM "Foxbat-F"
Location: Nowhere

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by latertimelord » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:43 pm

F-16-8868 wrote:Be careful when enemy fly fast planes like F-22, F15 or Typhoon...
With this planes i usually intercept mig25s :P
And dont turn to hard because you will loose speed and planes with a better acceleration could get you..
All of them are semi-futuristic multi-role aircrafts. I'd use Su-30/33 against them.

User avatar
Seagull
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:03 pm
Favorite Aircraft: All of 'em
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by Seagull » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:46 pm

latertimelord wrote:
F-16-8868 wrote:Be careful when enemy fly fast planes like F-22, F15 or Typhoon...
With this planes i usually intercept mig25s :P
And dont turn to hard because you will loose speed and planes with a better acceleration could get you..
All of them are semi-futuristic multi-role aircrafts. I'd use Su-30/33 against them.
I mean you have to be carefull when you fly mig25 or can you fly su30 and mig25 at same time?
EDIT: Try ID_F-16 its very agily and the second best dogfighter at east side. Mig-35 is best but its kinda cheat..
Image

latertimelord
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:30 pm
Favorite Aircraft: MiG-25BM "Foxbat-F"
Location: Nowhere

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by latertimelord » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:09 am

F-16-8868 wrote:
latertimelord wrote:
F-16-8868 wrote:Be careful when enemy fly fast planes like F-22, F15 or Typhoon...
With this planes i usually intercept mig25s :P
And dont turn to hard because you will loose speed and planes with a better acceleration could get you..
All of them are semi-futuristic multi-role aircrafts. I'd use Su-30/33 against them.
I mean you have to be carefull when you fly mig25 or can you fly su30 and mig25 at same time?
EDIT: Try ID_F-16 its very agily and the second best dogfighter at east side. Mig-35 is best but its kinda cheat..
Erm... F-16's designed for short range dogfighting, while the MiG-25BM was designed for SEAD?

User avatar
Seagull
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:03 pm
Favorite Aircraft: All of 'em
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by Seagull » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:04 am

Hell no i mean try ID_F-16 for dogfighting against west planes....
Because you said you use Su30/33 against them.
Image

latertimelord
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:30 pm
Favorite Aircraft: MiG-25BM "Foxbat-F"
Location: Nowhere

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by latertimelord » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:56 pm

F-16-8868 wrote:Hell no i mean try ID_F-16 for dogfighting against west planes....
Because you said you use Su30/33 against them.
Yes... Sorry, my bad. :|

User avatar
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Posts: 3644
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:23 pm
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird
Location: Eastern United States
OS: Mac OSX
Has thanked: 713 times
Been thanked: 1481 times
Contact:

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by decaff_42 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:50 am

F-16-8868 wrote: Mig-35 is best but its kinda cheat..
That's an understatement. Whenever i try to fly against it in the dogfight mode I can never out-turn it and it sits on my tail like a heat-seeking missile...which it likes to send after me. :lol:
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit by Bitbucket page for Python codes: https://bitbucket.org/decaff42/

Server Flight Log
Addon Database Submit Addon To Database

User avatar
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Posts: 2617
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:22 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16
Has thanked: 297 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by Crazypilot » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:01 am

Never try to outrun a Mig-25/35.Always try to out-turn it.

User avatar
Seagull
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:03 pm
Favorite Aircraft: All of 'em
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by Seagull » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:14 am

Crazypilot wrote:Never try to outrun a Mig-25/35.Always try to out-turn it.
Mig-35 is not THAT fast..
Image

User avatar
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Posts: 2617
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:22 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16
Has thanked: 297 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by Crazypilot » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:36 am

It is.

User avatar
Seagull
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:03 pm
Favorite Aircraft: All of 'em
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by Seagull » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:16 pm

Crazypilot wrote:It is.
I didnt said its not fast i just said its not that fast. A f-15 is still faster a f22 and typhoon too....
Image

latertimelord
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:30 pm
Favorite Aircraft: MiG-25BM "Foxbat-F"
Location: Nowhere

Re: MiG-25 Help

Post by latertimelord » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:35 pm

decaff_42 wrote:
F-16-8868 wrote: Mig-35 is best but its kinda cheat..
That's an understatement. Whenever i try to fly against it in the dogfight mode I can never out-turn it and it sits on my tail like a heat-seeking missile...which it likes to send after me. :lol:
Also it has horrible high speed G issues.
F-16-8868 wrote:
Crazypilot wrote:Never try to outrun a Mig-25/35.Always try to out-turn it.
Mig-35 is not THAT fast..
Low ammo, low fuel = more than 680kts of speed
Crazypilot wrote:Never try to outrun a Mig-25/35.Always try to out-turn it.
My brother who is 9 years old shot down a PolAF F-16 in a dogfight with MiG-25PDS. He did not need to use the afterburner, since he had to stay below 400kts.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests