- Core Staff
- Posts: 4350
- Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:47 pm
- Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A
- Location: Australia
- OS: Windows 10 (x64)
- Has thanked: 835 times
- Been thanked: 1238 times
One of the quickest and easiest tools I ever saw was the Perl Scripts for YSFlight by Asameshi.
Now installing them and getting it to work is not a walk in the park anymore like it was with perl 5.8. I just had to do it all again from scratch so this is how I did it:
1) Download & Install Strawberry Perl (32bit only is compatible *thanks mh3w*)
2) Open Command Prompt (Windows + R, then type "cmd" and press enter)
3) Type "cpan -i Tk" (CASE SENSITIVE) and press enter.
4) Perl Package Manager will now download and install Tk for you, a compnent needed by the AsaMeshi perl scripts which doesn't come bundles with Perl anymore. Please wait for it.
5) Once TK is extracted, Tk will be tested on your system. Enjoy the fireworks as many Tk windows open and close rapidly.
5) Go to your Perl file and right click -> open with...
6) Navigate to your strawberry perl folder, and select the perl.exe file. normally this is "c:/strawberryperl/perl/bin/perl.exe"
7) You're done! Make sure that you have SurfData.pm from Asameshis site, and run any .pl file as you need.
I'm happy to help if you need it!
EDIT: IF THIS WORKS/DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW!