Looking for someone to cofound a VA with me

ifly
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 737-800

Looking for someone to cofound a VA with me

Post by ifly » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:29 am

I love flying and am a great pilot in YSFlight. After a while of flying alone, I have decided to create a VA. I can do websites, flight scheduling, and actual flying. I would be looking for someone to cofound with me who could do things like paint airplanes and also do some flights. I can register a domain name.

If anyone is interested or has any questions, post below.

Thanks,
ifly.

Welshy
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Sea Jet

Re: Looking for someone to cofound a VA with me

Post by Welshy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:22 am

I'm getting tired of people jumping straight in like I did, don't screw up like I did :P

Join a VA first, off the top of my head there is HAVA, FAVA, PAVA and maybe a couple of others that I dunno the activity of. After a while and when you know people well then consider starting a VA. Also choose people you like, not just anyone from HQ to run your VA.

Also PM me please.

Nick
YSFHQ Elected Overlord
Overlord of VMFA-125 (CVW-171)
Previously Supreme Overlord of 323rd CAW
Friendly Neighbourhood Miscreant

If you see me post like this in a thread pay attention!

David
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Grob G109B Vigilant

Post by David » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:41 am

Welshys right. Joining an existing Virtual Airline and you will gain a lot of experience. By joining an existing established Virtual Airline such as Hawaiian Airways, Penguin Airways and Fast Airways you are helping another Virtual a Airline out and they would love a new pilot too! Before creating a Virtual Airline with my brother Dan, I was part of an existing VA for about 3-4 months, enough to gain a little experience to strive and learn more.

Running a Virtual Airline takes slow careful planning, extreme patience and the ability to learn after screwing up. It's a decision you shouldn't take lightly. ;)

Dan
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 757-200

Post by Dan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:07 am

I appreciate your willingness, however starting a Virtual Airline would be overkill. Join a Virtual Airline first as Dave and Welshy said. Far too many times have I seen people start Virtual Airlines that just close a week after startup and when I've talked to them they we're really disappointed even after they ignored our advice to join a Virtual Airline first . Furthermore if you want to be in the Virtual Airlines you gotta help them out first like by joining a Virtual Airline that is not in the mainstream, trust me they would really appreciate it. If you join a Virtual Airline thats small there is more chance of promotion etc.

ifly
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 737-800

Post by ifly » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:40 pm

I decided I would listen to your advice so I sent an application to FAVA. Waiting to hear back.