Reporting for duty

Introductions, birthdays, and special announcements.
Risingstudios
Favorite Aircraft: F-86 Saber

Reporting for duty

Post by Risingstudios » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:54 am

Greetings, salutations and a big Scottish hello :D

Risingstudios, I'm 17 at present and live in Scotland, I played around with YSFlight ages ago when I was younger on my dad's PC, I've really fallen in love with military history and aviation, and remembered that this existed, of course because I was young I never tried to play online or use addons and such but now that I have my own PC, and a higher understanding of things like YSFlight, I aim to change that. I'm addicted to War Thunder at the moment and am a high ranking officer in a clan on that game, but it lacks more modern jet combat and larger maps with the kind of features that YSFlight seems to have (Such as the ability to actually change radar ranges and such). So I'm gonna see what the community here is like and just be a generally casual part of it with any luck.

In terms of me personally, my experience extends to me being a flight commander and instructor in the war thunder clan, which at least gives me some flight lead experience. My favorite aircraft currently is probably the F-86 F variant sabers, though the P-51-D Mustang and German Me-262 jet are also high up there :D

I'm rambling and such now but, basically, just wanted to say "Hi, I'm new here, whats the community like?" and that's pretty much it, cheers :D

TheNicofabi
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon, Boeing 787

Re: Reporting for duty

Post by TheNicofabi » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:07 am

Well hello there then... i actually just arrived here a couple of days ago myself but can guarantee you that this community is just great ^^ i hope you have a nice time here.
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself. First, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns. This time, as a great hero." - Ace Combat 5 - The Unsung War

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 am

Hey buddy.

Actually impeccable timing on your part.

We're have a virtual airshow this weekend, why don't you come on by? It is the best opportunity you'll get to see what we are all like.

Have you been on a YSFlight server before? it'll be at 19:00 GMT time on the 19th of April on the server ys.ysfhq.com. I'd like to meet you there and learn a bit more about you myself. music and narration will be on teamspeak 3 - ts.ysfhq.com
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Greenhorn
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A320, B737, F-5E, Gripen, Mirage F-1

Post by Greenhorn » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:56 am

Welcome aboard! Hope to see you online soon! :D
The War RoomImageMalaysiaball, 2nd from the left
Triggered easily, do not startle

A firm believer of using UTC times for international events

Risingstudios
Favorite Aircraft: F-86 Saber

Post by Risingstudios » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:57 am

Sounds good, I'll see what I'm doing and if I can I'll come along. I've never actually been on a YS flight server, though I think I read about separate combat, display and civilian servers though, not sure how to join any of them...

Varren
Banned
Banned
Favorite Aircraft: Anything with wings.

Post by Varren » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:52 pm

Risingstudios wrote:live in Scotland
YESSSS, THERE'S ANOTHER! You're only the 3rd Scottish member on YSFHQ, congratulations. Jetskit and I are the other two. Where about are you from? (Just a city, not asking for address or anything)

As for joining a server, on the menu bar at the top of the YSFlight main menu you'll see an option for "Network" - click on that. After that, select client and type in your username and the server address (IP) in the appropriate boxes. Simple as.

CalvT
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18E

Post by CalvT » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Ur still all part of the good ole UK tho! That has 20 odd users.... plus the ones that don't specify their nationality in their profiles.....
Welcome Risingstudios! May you remain part of the UK!

decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:55 pm

Welcome. Glad to see you like some of the things that YSF has to offer. :D

I second that airshow idea to you. It's a great way to see the community and addons.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit by Bitbucket page for Python codes: https://bitbucket.org/decaff42/

Server Flight Log
Addon Database Submit Addon To Database

Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: One of them

Post by Alpha Star » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Greetings new one. Make your self at home and watch some TV. Just clean the kitchen after you use it.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my signature, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular lack of skills, skills I have imagined having over a very long career. Skills that make me are completely useless in any situation. If you stop reading now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't stop reading, I will look for you, I will probably not find you, and I will kill your refrigerator.

Cobalt09
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by Cobalt09 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:43 pm

Welcome to YSFHQ. We have brownies. Cookies can be available via special order.
Am I back? Probably not.

iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Post by iqmal_97 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:44 pm

Welcome to the Hq! People come here for YsFlight. They stay here for the brownies...

or so I thought....

Yea, brownies...
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)