For unfinished work, or to pass along to other modders for completion.
- First Class Membership
- Posts: 3389
- Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:23 pm
- Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird
- Location: Eastern United States
- OS: Mac OSX
- Has thanked: 521 times
- Been thanked: 1171 times
This mesh is looking for a modder to take it to completion. I've significantly reduced the vertex count from ~65000 to ~13000. The things that are left: Animation, cockpit instruments, painting.
Just a note: The blender file has some textures applied to the mesh from the Original Model.
Original Author: Helijah
Original Release Page: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/69750
Original Release License: CC-BY-SA
You must give credit to the author of this blend.
You must distribute any derivative works under the same license.
YSFlight Mesh Edits: Decaff_42
Suggested Path Forward:
- Finish Editing the base mesh to your liking
- Export to DNM (the current one included is old)
- Import new DNM into Blender (To completely get rid of the textures)
- Animate (I have done nothing towards this so it will be animation from scratch!)
- Paint (May need some decals, See the original model (blender file) for an example paint scheme)
- Make DAT (Ask some airshow ppl for suggestions if you get lost. Remember this is supposed to be a trainer and relatively stable)
- Release awesomeness
- (801.8 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Check out my website YSDecaff
for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit by Bitbucket page for Python codes: https://bitbucket.org/decaff42/
Feel free to ask me a question! I'll try to answer it as well as I can or recommend a more knowledgeable member if necessary.
- Posts: 1002
- Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:49 pm
- Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757
- Location: Providence, Rhode Island
- OS: Windows 10/Gentoo
- Has thanked: 268 times
- Been thanked: 199 times
Ah helijah! The god of high detail freeware models!
Beginner ATC for hire!
-New England Scenery
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
- Posts: 776
- Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:51 pm
- Favorite Aircraft: Mig-41 Firefly, Mig-21, F/A-53A Foxtrot
- Location: The Mün
- OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
- Has thanked: 81 times
- Been thanked: 287 times
Ah my favorite biplane <3 _ <3 I missed you my friend
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:09 am
- Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon "Viper"
- Been thanked: 1 time
I'm struggling to get the propeller to rotate correctly. It keeps wanting to turn on the Z axis like a screw. Can someone help me with this. I got all the other surfaces moving properly.
- Modding Team
- Posts: 407
- Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:10 pm
- Favorite Aircraft: Tomcat Series
- Location: Current Location
- OS: Win7, Win10, MacOSX
- Has thanked: 33 times
- Been thanked: 120 times
VIPRFLIER wrote:I'm struggling to get the propeller to rotate correctly. It keeps wanting to turn on the Z axis like a screw. Can someone help me with this. I got all the other surfaces moving properly.
Lay the prop on the Y axis right on the center for the SRF. Then in DMNViewer move and rotate the prop to the right position and it should rotate properly.
- Posts: 636
- Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:15 pm
- Favorite Aircraft: Concorde; F-15; Embraer 190; F-35
- Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Has thanked: 150 times
- Been thanked: 229 times
ill be using this! i want to practise my animataion skills before i continue with my helicopter project!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests