Windows 10 problem with ysflight Program Not Showing On Desktop, But Shows on Icon

Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
fkshafi
Favorite Aircraft: Airbus A340

Windows 10 problem with ysflight Program Not Showing On Desktop, But Shows on Icon

Post by fkshafi » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:06 pm

Recently, and I think this was after an update from windows 10, When I click on ysflight icon it runs but nothing is displayed on screen, the icon on taskbar appears and even shows program running when I hover mouse over, but when I click it, it displays nothing on screen. Tried multiple display settings etc, nothing seems to work. It happens with ysflight only. Any idea as how to resolve this issue? I reinstalled ysflight couple of times, but same result! Thanks.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Re: Windows 10 problem with ysflight Program Not Showing On Desktop, But Shows on Icon

Post by Neocon » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:22 pm

Try right-clicking it in the task bar and selecting "Maximize".

Welcome to YSFHQ. Enjoy your stay.

Have a nice day. :)

Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Re: Windows 10 problem with ysflight Program Not Showing On Desktop, But Shows on Icon

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:29 am

Yeah, I've had this happen as well.Try using the Task Manager, right clicking on YSFlight under applications, and clicking Maximize, it should do the same thing.

Patrick, just a heads up, from personal experience - Windows 10 doesn't let you do that IIRC, they threw most of those features out the window with Windows 8 - yes, stupid - I know, you have to use the task manager to fix this, and not simply use the right click function... Makes me wonder what idiots are up in Redmond now-a-days.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████