[Scenery]Chicago Air & Water Show

i.e. airports, maps, race courses, carrier fleets, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Airbourne
Frame Rate Serial Killer
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:51 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16 Fighting Falcon
Location: Chicago, Illinois
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 340 times

[Scenery]Chicago Air & Water Show

Post by Airbourne » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:03 am

Image

Chicago, officially the City of Chicago, is the third-most populous city in the United States. With over 2.7 million residents, it is also the most populous city in both the state of Illinois and the Midwestern United States. It is the county seat of Cook County. The Chicago metropolitan area, often referred to as Chicagoland, has nearly 10 million people and is the third-largest in the U.S. Chicago has often been called a global architecture capital. Chicago is considered one of the most important business centers in the world. This is not a copy and paste from Wikipedia.

-

All ground objects were created by me through Blender and Gepolyo. The estimated time spent on this project was about 3 months cumulative. All buildings are their correct dimensions (or at least as close as possible).

-

This map is the annual Chicago Air & Water Show version with Gary International Airport (GYY) approximately 22.1 miles away. 95% of the buildings are original and in their correct spot. The other 5% are simply “fill-in” buildings so there aren’t any awkward open areas (*hint: look inside the Willis Tower*). Also, O'Hare and Midway are also in the map, but only the outline. The only thing is that this map is mainly for the air show so I didn't bother putting detail into those airports. Finally, everywhere is landable, so if you parachute you can land on the beach.

-

The only required ground object pack is my ABGround 2.0 pack. The ground objects in this pack are all included in the file.

-

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImage
Image

User avatar
Ace Lord
Staff
Staff
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:45 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Too many to list
Location: Lost Hills Bunker Complex
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: [Scenery]Chicago Air & Water Show

Post by Ace Lord » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:34 am

*nut*
Image

User avatar
Coop
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:20 am
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18C
Location: United States
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 427 times

Re: [Scenery]Chicago Air & Water Show

Post by Coop » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Nice work man, Truly a work of art!! Here is my suggestion for another beautiful airbourne map one day?!?
;)
Image
Image

User avatar
Flake
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4237
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:47 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Honda CBR1000RR (2004).
Location: Australia
OS: Windows 10 (x64)
Has thanked: 800 times
Been thanked: 1120 times
Contact:

Re: [Scenery]Chicago Air & Water Show

Post by Flake » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Naughty Naughty, sly request much? 8-)

(but I would lose my shit for San Fransisco Fleet Week map...)

User avatar
Eric
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Posts: 1516
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:30 am
Favorite Aircraft: Super Hornet
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 155 times
Contact:

Re: [Scenery]Chicago Air & Water Show

Post by Eric » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:24 am

Chicago represent! This may get me to dust off my YS install this weekend. I'll have to check this map out and see if I can find my house...
I make this website.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests