YSBSJT | VBSJT - From Concept To Fully Fledged Team

Kujo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon

YSBSJT | VBSJT - From Concept To Fully Fledged Team

Post by Kujo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:12 am

Hello, everyone! It's been a while since I've made my own post on here, but due to the upcoming weekend I had to come back and give out the recent news.

As many might know, the YSFlight Blue Spectres have presented their show at multiple YSFlight aerial events over the past few years. Since June of 2015, the team has stuck to the L-39C Albatros as the aircraft of choice. Earlier this year, the team had officially changed from YSFlight Blue Spectres to the Virtual Blue Spectres, still carrying along the same kind of tradition, flying elements, and atmosphere that was first pioneered here in YSFlight.

So where has the team been lately? Well it's amazing to believe that such a small, "filler schedule" idea back then has turned into something this big, with even bigger and better plans for the future. We had made it our goal since our transition to become the first YSFHQ-developed virtual jet team to make it to the big leagues. After many months of continuous practice and preparation, just two months ago we had received the best news that we could ever hear; we have officially made it into VFAT 2018!

Our set flying schedule is Saturday, December 8th (this Saturday) at 9:00AM PST/ 11:00AM CST/ 12:00PM EST. It would be great to see some of you watching our performance and getting a glance at the tremendous amount of work that we've been putting into converting the very same performance flown in this flight simulator over to a more sophisticated and popular named platform. The stream will take place on VirtualAirshows' Twitch channel, which you can find either by googling or going to the main page on our website. We hope to see you there!

In the meantime, feel free to check out any of our new social media outlets, such as:

Our Website - https://www.vbsjt.com/

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnDERQ ... A8il8wl4uQ

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/VBSJT/

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/virtualbluespectres/?hl=en

Also as an added bonus, we give you the early concept drawings of the VBSJT paint scheme's 6th phase, "Ceres!"

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: YSBSJT | VBSJT - From Concept To Fully Fledged Team

Post by Flake » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:01 pm

Really impressive to see how this team has developed over the years.

Will I be able to watch your portion of the show after it's been and gone? Working a lot right now.

Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:30 pm

Congrats to the VBSJT, that's quite an achievement!
Check out my YSFS videos on my Youtube channel!
-----------------------
ATRP: When used in my posts refers to "Air Traffic Replay Project"
-----------------------
Avatar: Pratt and Whitney JT8D-219
-----------------------
My general rant: I will call them blended winglets, not Sharklets; There is no CEO, it's just simply put, an Airbus 319/320/321, or the 320NEO, 321NEO etc. I didn't land IN DAL, I landed AT DAL. On the other hand, I did land in Dallas.
-----------------------
New website update as of July 3, 2018: New map modification policy under "Map Information" and updates to the GRID and WIP!
Turbofan's Terminal

Belmont
Favorite Aircraft: i have no favorite right now

Post by Belmont » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:08 am

Congrats to the VBSJT, hope you shine out there.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:35 pm

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/346300909

@ 03:45:00

Again, i'll say an absolutely solid performance and a killer inaugural demonstration. Your team ought to be very proud of what you've put on, and you Kujo should be very proud of what you have created.

I look forward to next years show.

If you get to put video of the full routine uncensored up anywhere, I'd love to catch it!

Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:37 pm

I couldn't watch the livestream yesterday but just saw the demo in the video, you guys absolutely nailed it. But then again, knowing how you guys roll (literally and figuratively) I think the community has come to expect no less than perfection, which you deliver everytime (in YSFS and now DCS).

Also couldn't help but notice the comments as the stream went along. They now know what we've known for many years now :D. Awesome performance guys!
Check out my YSFS videos on my Youtube channel!
-----------------------
ATRP: When used in my posts refers to "Air Traffic Replay Project"
-----------------------
Avatar: Pratt and Whitney JT8D-219
-----------------------
My general rant: I will call them blended winglets, not Sharklets; There is no CEO, it's just simply put, an Airbus 319/320/321, or the 320NEO, 321NEO etc. I didn't land IN DAL, I landed AT DAL. On the other hand, I did land in Dallas.
-----------------------
New website update as of July 3, 2018: New map modification policy under "Map Information" and updates to the GRID and WIP!
Turbofan's Terminal

u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:11 am

Flake wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:35 pm
If you get to put video of the full routine uncensored up anywhere, I'd love to catch it!
Yeah, it would be great!

Currently, only Virtual Thunderbirds posted unedited replay of their performance at VFAT 2018 P.S.: Here is final VFAT 2018 schedule
/!\ READ YSFLIGHT HANDBOOK (.PDF) | updated 2017/05/03

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:
“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost - we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”
http://pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV
(31 DEC 2016)

Kujo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon

Post by Kujo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:15 pm

u2fly wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:11 am
Currently, only Virtual Thunderbirds posted unedited replay of their performance at VFAT 2018
Our DCS replay has been posted, but not publicized yet, and will be ready for download on our website once the time comes (Most likely within the next hour). A physical video/remastering of the performance including re-recorded narration by our announcer Coop will be posted on our upcoming Vimeo channel within this month to avoid any copyright notices/mutes/strikes from the YouTube platform's bot. Thank you.

- EDIT -

Our 2018 "Element" paint schemes and replay track have been posted on our site!

https://www.vbsjt.com/extras

- EDIT 2 -